For busy girls like me, summer doesn’t end immediately after Labor Day. With about a week of summer left, I wanted to share my perfect summer into fall lip before it was too late.
Recently while getting ready for a night out with my boyfriend, I was playing with my lippies collection, deciding on what color lipstick to wear with my natural makeup look. When I cannot decide on the perfect lip shade, I tend to get a little nutty and start mixing colors. This is when my new favorite late summer lip was created.
I started with Wet n Wild Fergie Crème Lipstick in Ferguson Crest Cabernet and topped that off with Revlon Matte Lip Balm in Standout. Both colors combined turned into bold magenta color that brought out my hazel eyes. I was instantly in love and felt this color could segway all of us into our absolute all time favorite dark and vampy lip combos (but not just yet!).
Below are my easy tips and tricks to get this lip look (links to buy included).
Make sure to intake as much water you can throughout the day to hydrate your lips from the inside out before a night out (cracked lips makes a lipstick look appear un-kept).
· Before starting your makeup routine, add a lip balm to moisturize your lips. I love any of (1) Nivea’s Soothing LipCare Balm.
· When it comes time to the lips, first I prep my lips with (2) MAC’s Lip Prep & Prime. Think of it as glue for your lipstick.
· Then, I line my lips with a natural lip liner. I always grab (3) Jordana’s Lip Liner inTawny.
· For a more natural look, I will pat lightly (4) Fergie’s Crème Lipstick in FergusonCrest Cabernet,
· Followed by (5) Revlon Matte Lip Balm in Standout. Patting the colors on your lips rather than the easy way of smearing it on will give your lips more of a stained look and prevents bleeding.
· If you prefer a matte lip, finish the look there. Otherwise, dab on some clear gloss or lip balm to give your lips the finish you desire.
· Add your favorite highlight powder to your cupids bow to highlight your lips to get a sexy pout.
So what is your favorite late summer/early fall lip? Have you ever combined lipsticks to make your own lip color? I’m dying to know what you have experimented with so please leave any comments or questions below!
Till next time,